All hope may not be lost for Central government employees who were expecting the government to make an announcement on higher allowances under the Seventh Pay Commission after the election season.
According to some media reports, the Committee on Allowances headed by Finance Secretary Ashok Lavasa may submit its report before the end of this month, giving a glimmer of hope to employees who can expect to get revised allowances from April.
The Committee on Allowances missed its earlier February 22 deadline for submitting its review report on the recommendations by the Seventh Pay Commission on allowances.
HERE IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COMMITTEE ON ALLOWANCES:
1. Replying to a question on Seventh Pay Commission in Lok Sabha on March 10, Minister of State for Finance Arjun Ram Meghwal had said the committee on higher allowances was yet to submit its report. The minister, however, added that deliberations with the committee were in the final stage.
2. The Committee on Allowances was formed in July last year after government employees protested against the recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission. The commission had recommended scrapping 53 of the 196 allowances for government employees and also suggested merging a few others.
3. The Ashok Lavasa-led committee was given four months' time to submit its review report on the recommendations made by the Seventh Pay Commission. The deadline for report submission was later extended to February 22, 2017.
4. Allowances form a significant part of a government employee's salary and the delay in announcement on a proposed hike has led to growing resentment among nearly 50 lakh employees.
5. It was believed that once the model code of conduct was lifted following the end of the elections in five states, the government would soon make an announcement on higher allowances.
6. The second part of the Budget session is still on and the Committee on Allowances, as per some media reports, is expected to submit its report before the end of March. If the recommendations are implemented by month-end, employees can expect to get revised salaries from April.
7. Among allowances, the Lavasa committee's recommendation on house rent allowance will be most-closely followed. HRA is one of the fatter allowances that employees get and the Seventh Pay Commission had recommended reducing it by 2-6 per cent depending on type of cities.
8. If reports are to be believed, the Committee on Allowances is likely to recommend no changes in HRA, keeping them as they were under the Sixth Pay Commission at 10, 20 and 30 per cent for different tiers of cities.
LATEST NEWS ON LTC
LATEST NEWS ON DEARNESS ALLOWANCE
RETIREMENT AGE FOR CENTRAL STAFF
REDUCE RETIREMENT AGE FOR NEW CENTRAL EMPLOYEES FROM 1/1/2016 NO PROPOSAL TO INCREASE RETIREMENT AGE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES J&K govt increases retirement age from 58 to 60 Employees to get pension payment order soon after retirement RAISE THE RETIREMENT AGE TO 65 YEARS Central govt employees’ retirement age to be extended by 2 years to 62 Union government wants retirement age 62 Cabinet decision to increase retirement age deferred Govt not considering to raise retirement age to 62 yrs
MACPS/ACPS for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Regarding MACP Scheme - treatment of employees appointed through LDCE/GDCE against Promotee Quota vacancies at par with those selected against DR/LDCE quota vacancies —reg. CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES DEMANDS ON MACP MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION SCHEME FOR MULTI TASKING STAFF Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees SUMMARY RECORD OF DISCUSSIONS HELD DURING THE THIRD MEETING OF THE JOINT COMMITEE ON MACPS LATEST FAQ ON MACP FOR CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES
MACP FOR CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES
Restructuring of cadre of Artisan Staff in Defence Establishment in modification of recommendation of 6th CPC Modified ACP Scheme (MACPS) for Railway employees- clarification-NFIR IMPORTANT DEMANDS OF THE RAILWAYMEN TO BE PURSUED BY THE ALL INDIA RAILWAYMEN’S FEDERATION
7 CPC HRA 7 TH CPC REPORT 7CPC ARREARS 7TH CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION 7th CPC 7th cpc allowances 7th cpc anomalee committee 7TH CPC BUNCHING BENEFIT 7th cpc da 7th cpc defence matrix table 7TH CPC LATEST NEWS 7th PAY COMMISSION ADVANCE AICPIN ALLOWANCE BANK EMPLOYEES CENTRAL GOVERNMENT CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES. CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES CGHS CHILD CARE LEAVE children education allowance DA JULY 2017 DEARNESS ALLOWANCE DOPT HOLIDAY HOMES MACP MINIMUM PENSION NATIONAL PENSION SYSTEM NC JCM PENSIONERS PORTAL RAILWAYS REDUCE RETIREMENT AGE FROM 60 TO 58 SEXUAL HARASSMENT AT WORK PLACES WOMEN EMPLOYEES